Friday, March 8, 2013

Reaction Essay: The Hunger Games

     In Suzanne Collins’ “The Hunger Games”, the main idea shows us how relationships make your plight better. When they prepare for the hunger games, the female protagonist Katniss’ tutor Haymitch teach them “the goal to win the game is to make people love you.” Katniss obtained sympathy from her designer Chinna because she participated in the game as a volunteer to take the place of her sister Primrose, and Chinna designed an amazing appearances clothing to help her made sponsors remember and love her. It is very important because sponsors could give “tributes” sponsored commodity in the game.

      During the hunger games, the male protagonist Peeta who was from the same district with Katniss joined a team with other “tributes” at the beginning of the game to save his life. Rue, who was a girl looks like Katniss’ sister, saved Katniss when she was hunted down from this team. Then, they made a team together to destroy those team’s substances. They successfully destroyed those team’s substances, but in this action, Rue fell into the trap and dead. Move over, organizers changed the rule that two people who from the same district can win together in the game. Katniss found Peeta and used “sadness lovers” relationship to make many sponsors and audiences like them, and gave them some substances. Finally, Katniss and Peeta won the hunger game together.

       I believe “The Hunger Games” is one of the best novels I’ve ever read, and I think everyone should read it. I think that because this book does a good job of showing how important and useful to make the relationships, and help people learn to make the relationship in their daily life.

      For example, when I was in my high school Student Union, I made a big mistake in my job, but my relationships saved me because I had a good relationship with our chairman and instructors. When the bad thing happened, they helped me a lot to reduce the bad influence and gave me some advices about how to avoid those mistakes. 

       Likewise when people work in a business company, if they have a good relationship with their boss and colleagues, it wills becomes easier for them to start their jobs. Also, because they have a good relationship with their boss and colleagues, a lot of people will come to help them solve the problem when they meet problems.  Those two examples show that making the relationship is very important and useful in our daily life. 

      Thus, in “The Hunger Games” I learned a lot of knowledge about using relationship to make a better life, and I am sure many other people also learned some relationship knowledge from this book. It is a great story that gets you thinking about how to make a relationship, and it is a story that helps remind you the important significance about making relationships.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment